We are committed to an open Swiss economy and safeguard the interests of our economy abroad by promoting free and fair world trade. In particular, we are responsible for:
- the international movement of goods, non-tariff measures, trade in services, international investments and matters relating to international economic law,
- participation in shaping free and fair world trade by taking part in the negotiations under the auspices of the WTO and by concluding free trade agreements,
- the representation of Switzerland in multilateral economic organisations such as the WTO, EFTA, the World Bank and the OECD,
- economic and trade policy measures in support of developing and transition countries and the new EU member states,
- Switzerland’s bilateral economic relations with countries around the globe,
- export controls and sanctions.