The National Contact Point (NCP) for the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises promotes the observance of the Guidelines and discusses with the parties concerned all relevant issues so as to contribute to the resolution of any problems which might arise.
The OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises are legally non-binding recommendations on responsible business conduct addressed by the governments of the 38 OECD member states as well as a dozen other states to multinational enterprises operating in or from their territories. They apply wherever multinational companies are involved in business activities. Each participating state is obliged to set up a National Contact Point, which is assigned the following duties:
- Raise awareness of the OECD Guidelines
- Promote the implementation
- Be available to advise in case of questions and queries as a platform for dialogue or informal mediator
- Collaborate and exchange information with other NCPs
- Submit annual reports on its activities during the annual meeting of NCPs at the OECD
The NCP and the OECD Guidelines are a central reference in the Federal Council's CSR Action Plan 2020-2023 (see in particular measures 1, 2, 4, 5 and 16).
The Swiss NKP celebrated its 20th anniversary at an event on 13 December 2021 (cf. video, presentations on the OECD NCP Network (PDF, 912 kB, 15.12.2021) and the Swiss NCP (PDF, 2 MB, 15.12.2021) as well as the programme (PDF, 497 kB, 15.12.2021)).